London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
One of London's busiest airports, London Gatwick Airport (LGW) can be reached by travelling in all directions. Gatwick Airport lies on the southern side of central London, close to Crawley and alongside the M23 motorway. Also nearby is the small town of Horley to the north, Smallfield to the north-east, and Copthorne and Crawley Down to the south-west.
Prominent roads close to London Gatwick Airport include the A2220 / A264, which stretches in an east / west direction, south of the terminals. Also worth noting, the A24 is located to the east of the airport and provides access from many areas close to the complex, including Leatherhead and Dorking to the north, and Horsham and Broadbridge Heath to the south.
Directions to London Gatwick Airport (LGW) from the city centre:
- Gatwick Airport (LGW) is situated 28 miles / 45 km south of central London
- The airport has excellent connections to the M23 motorway, junction 9
- London's M25 motorway circles the entire city and links to other major motorways
- Gatwick Airport is also situated close to the A23 London to Brighton Road
- The Airport is well sign posted from the nearby motorways, include the M20, the M26, the M4 and the M3
- When travelling to London Gatwick Airport (LGW) during rush hours, be sure to allow extra time in case of unavoidable traffic delays
London Gatwick Airport (LGW): Virtual Google Maps