Visiting London - What to See and Do
(London Gatwick Airport LGW, England)
London is a huge, exciting, cosmopolitan city considered by many as one of the greatest in the world. Its streets are full of life and signs of its rich history stands at almost every corner.
World-class museums, galleries, shops, restaurants and much more can be found in abundance throughout London.
Ten things you must do in London
- Take an unforgettable ride on the London Eye, a giant observation wheel located on the bank of the Thames offering spectacular views over London.
- Visit some of London's most magnificent buildings and monuments including the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge.
- Shop till you drop at London's fashion boutiques, department stores and bustling markets, while not forgetting to visit the famous Harrods store in Knightsbridge.
- Scare yourself witless with a trip to the London Dungeons or take a guided Jack the Ripper tour through the East End, where the world's most famous serial killer stalked his victims.
- Spend a night at the theatre. London is home to numerous venues staging everything from drama and ballet to opera, musicals and much more.
- Take a relaxing stroll around one of London's green and pleasant parks including Regents and Hyde parks among others.
- Take the kids to Madame Tussaud's waxworks museum and the neighbouring London Planetarium for a fun day out.
- Step back in time with a trip to the historic Tower of London, guarded by Beefeaters and home to the Crown Jewels.
- Wander around some of London's world famous museums including the British Museum and the Natural History Museum, and art galleries such as the Tate, Tate Modern and the National Gallery.
- Enjoy a night out on the town, taking in some of London's many pubs, bars and nightclubs.